Apoorv Vikram Singh
I am a second year Ph.D. student at the department of Computer Science at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering. I am a part of the Algorithms and Foundations Group, where I am being advised by Dr Chris Musco.
Before joining NYU, I was a visiting researcher at the MODAL team in INRIA Lille where I worked with Dr Hemant Tyagi and Dr Mihai Cucuringu (Univ of Oxford). Before that I was a Project Associate in the Dept. of Computer Science and Automation, Indian Institute of Science, where I worked with Dr Anand Louis and Dr Amit Deshpande (Microsoft Research, India). I obtained my undergraduate degree from IIIT Bangalore.
Research Interests: My research interests lie at the intersection of theoretical computer science and statistical machine learning. Currently, I am working on problems in the area of spectrum estimation of matrices in sub-linear time. I am also reading about Sum of Squares Hierarchy, and Discrepancy Theory (see Reading Group).
- Regularized Spectral Methods for Clustering Signed Networks
Mihai Cucuringu, Apoorv Vikram Singh, Déborah Sulem, Hemant Tyagi
JMLR 2021 [ArXiv]
- Approximation Algorithms for Cost-Balanced Clustering
Amit Deshpande, Anand Louis, Deval Patel, Apoorv Vikram Singh
Preprint 2019 [Link]
- On Euclidean $k$-Means Clustering with $\alpha$-Center Proximity
Amit Deshpande, Anand Louis, Apoorv Vikram Singh
AISTATS 2019 [ArXiv]
- June 26, 2022: Attended the Swedish Summer School on Theoretical Computer Science organized by KTH.
- Will attend the summer school on New tools for optimal mixing of Markov chains: Spectral independence and entropy decay at UCSB! Looking forward to learn more on approximate counting!